The BT range of bevel gear boxes is destined for all gear box applications which depend on reliability and variability. Compact dimensions and high transmission torque at optimal performance are of central importance here. Precision of the axes and bearing seats, combined with Gleason bevel gears to take high loads, are the basis for minmized toothclearance and optimal transmission properties.
The gear boxes are presently available in 6 sizes, each with a ratio range of i = 1 : 1 to 5 : 1. In addition, a further range of BM bevel gear boxes is available, which offers significantly greater torque at i = 1 : 1 at comparable sizes.
The BM series of bevel gear boxes is predestined for all gear box applications which require compact dimensions and maximum torque transfer at best efficiency rates. Precision of the axes and bearing seats, combined with Gleason bevel gears to take high loads, are the basis for minmized tooth clearance and optimal transmission properties. Presently the gear boxes are available in 5 sizes, each with a ratio of i = 1 : 1.
The planetary gear boxes of the BP series are based on a pre-fabricated and specifically matched combination of BT series bevel gear boxes with pre-stages from the planetary gear boxes of the PE series. The BT series is distinguished by especially high power density and variability. Maximum precison of the axes and bearing seats, combined with Gleason bevel gearing to take high loads, are the basis for minimized tooth clearance and optimal transmissionproperties.
With the combination of hardened and ground gear teeth with high precision gearcomponents, the PE series guarantees efficient performance, smooth running and high uptime.The innovative solutions allow for a host of application options. Hence, the variability of theupstream planetary stages covers a wide spectrum of gear box ratios and offers extremely high ratios up to i = 320 : 1, while at the same time maintaining high efficiency levels.
Constant backlash control is guaranteed by the highly stable design of the housing and the hardened, super-finished gear components. Best efficiency rates ensure high energy efficiencyand add to cost reductions.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF THE NEW BT AND BM BEVEL GEAR BOX SERIES
- single-component steel housing with maximum precision of axes and bearing seats, all integrated directly into the housing
- high power density of the gear boxes through compact housing dimensions
- drive-sided gear box interface offers the option of direct connection of planetary gear box pre-stages, as well as secure mounting of motor flanges
- increased thermal exhaust performance of the gear boxes by increasing the housing surface area, e.g. by adding a ribbed structure on two sides of the housing
- mounting threads on all sides of the housing allow for stable attachment of the gear box in various installation positions
- heavy duty bevel gears, designed and manufactured according to the Gleason process, result in optimal gearing efficiency, high transmission precision and reduced stress on the bearings
- friction-locked, zero backlash connection of the crown gears on the drive shaft reduces the mass of the gearing component
- precise gear setting by measuring the gear box components and 100% running test of the gear boxes in assembly
SHAFTS AND BEARINGS:
- steel alloy shafts with precise bearing seats as basis for precise and heavy duty taper roller bearings
- extremely precise positioning and setting of bearings through the use of ground steel shims and splinting of the inner rings
THE RANGE OF GEAR BOXES:
- at present, 6 gear box sizes with a transmission ratio i = 1 : 1 to 5 : 1
- gear box can be supplied with solid or hollow shafts in standard and customized designs
- best efficiency when high transmission performance is required. High efficiency levels of course result in a reduction of energy costs
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF THE PLANETARY BEVEL GEAR BOX SERIES
- extremely high transmission ratios can be realized
- ground gears in the planetary pre-stage
- convincing transmission quality and smooth running
- considerable output torque
- high level of efficiency
- constant backlash control
- optional installation position
- easy mounting of a wide array of motors